04 March, 2006

Day 10 with the Tern: The Doldrums

If I had to guess, I would say that I am certainly at the center of this build. I think that the light at the end of the tunnel and the light at the beginning are equidistant. I think that the struggle of having to make a lot of little tweaks to the plan is starting to get to me, and I need to step back a little bit to avoid burning out.

I tackled some of the things that I hate doing today, and still didn't manage to get any of them done because of other requirements on my time. I started the wing bolt blocks (forward done) which had to be finished before I sheeted the wing. I also started the spoiler servo mount, which also has to be done before I finish sheeting the wing. While both certainly went well, they just took far too much time. I did manage to set up the spoilers with the Hitec servo, and they work just fine.

For some reason that I don't understand, I really like the look of cap strips on ribs. I think that they add a lot of classic look to a plane. Of course, they also serve some great structural value, especially when you are working with 1/16 balsa. It is just a shame that you can't see them through the monokote. I make way too many boo-boos to even think about clear monokote...

I have gotten decidedly lazy about bothering to take any pictures, plus there is so little to take pictures of.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

In fact, I just got off the treadmill...