15 September, 2006

Batteries and Monitor

I got my first order from www.cheapbatterypacks.com several days ago. I had ordered a Thunder Power and an Apex LiPo. Both were in great shape and arrived in less than a week via USPS. I was so happy that I ordered several NiMH Rx packs and a NiMH Tx pack for my 9CAPS. That thing chews through the NiCds.

Once I saw that the flight times on the Spirit might be fairly long - which prompted me to order the NiMH flight pack - I picked up a LED battery monitor from Doug's and install it in the canopy. It monitors the Rx pack only and plugs into a spare spot on the Rx.



I hope that I will be able to see the colored lights on a low flyby. They go from green to yellow to red as the voltage in the pack goes down. Should be a good indicator.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

In fact, I just got off the treadmill...