18 September, 2006

Good Design Should be Inspired

I was inspired a few days ago. I stopped into K-Mart to see if they carried a cheap car battery that I could use to recharge LiPos at the field, and on a lark I visited the sporting goods department. For $6 I found a beautiful composite arrow shaft, and I have every intention of building a plane around it.



I am taking my love of good design a step further this time and using Mark Drela's AVL program to do all of my aero sizing and loads prediction. From that, I'll size my wing structure. I may use some quick and dirty tests to find out the bending and torsional stiffness of the shaft so that I can predict the aeroelasticity of the empennage.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

In fact, I just got off the treadmill...